Welcome to visahub a immigration company

College Admission & Visa Services

Mon-Fri: 11:00-19:00

1. Electronic travel authorization (eTA)

You either need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through, a Canadian airport.


The following travellers need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to board their flight to Canada. However, these travellers do not need an eTA if entering by land or sea – for instance driving from the U.S. or coming by bus, train, or boat, including cruise ship.

Britain (UK)

British overseas territories of:

  • Anguilla
  • Bermuda
  • British Virgin Islands
  • Cayman Islands
  • Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
  • Gibraltar
  • Montserrat
  • Pitcairn Island
  • Saint Helena
  • Turks and Caicos Islands
Brunei DarussalamBulgaria
CyprusCzech Republic
Hong KongHungary
JapanRepublic of Korea
New ZealandNorway
Papua New GuineaPoland
SamoaSan Marino
SloveniaSolomon Islands
United Arab EmiratesUnited States, lawful permanent resident of
Vatican City State 


2. eTA exemptions

Foreign nationals with official Canadian documents

  • Travellers with a valid Canadian visa.
  • Travellers with valid status in Canada (e.g. visitor, student or worker) who re-enters Canada after only visiting the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon.

Foreign nationals in the following situations

  • French citizens who live in Saint Pierre and Miquelon and are flying directly to Canada from St. Pierre and Miquelon.
  • Foreign nationals who are passengers destined to, or coming from, the United States on a flight that stops in Canada solely to refuel and
  • have proper documents to enter the United States, or
  • were lawfully admitted to the United States.
  • Foreign nationals who are passengers on a flight that makes an unscheduled stop in Canada.
  • Foreign nationals who transit through a Canadian airport under the Transit Without Visa or China Transit Program.


3. Basic requirements to enter Canada

To visit Canada, you’ll need to meet some basic requirements, such as:

  • have a valid travel document, such as a passport
  • have a valid eTA or visitor visa
  • be in good health
  • have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
  • convince a border services officer (BSO) that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country
  • convince a BSO that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
  • have enough money for your stay. (The amount of money you will need can vary. It depends on things such as how long you will stay, and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.)


An eTA doesn’t guarantee entry to Canada. When you arrive, a border services officer will ask to see your passport and other documents – for example, a U.S. Green Card. You must convince the officer that you’re eligible for entry to Canada.

Several things can make you inadmissible, including involvement in criminal activity, human rights violations, or organized crime.


4. How to Apply

Applying for an eTA is a simple online process. Most applicants get their eTA approval (via an email) within minutes. However, some requests can take several days to process if you’re asked to submit supporting documents. It is best to get an eTA before you book your flight to Canada.


5. Overview of the eTA application process

    1. Get your passport, credit, or debit card ready.
    2. Use the online form to apply.
    3. Pay $7 CAD
    4. Get an email about your eTA application.
    5. You may need to submit documents before your application can be approved. If this happens to you, an email will be sent with instructions within 72 hours.


6. Remember after applying

The approval email includes your eTA number.
Keep this number in case you need to contact us or want to check the status of your eTA in the future.