Welcome to visahub a immigration company

College Admission & Visa Services

Mon-Fri: 11:00-19:00

FAQ: Can I convert a tourist visa to a work visa inside Canada?

How to improve CRS scores

Can I come to Canada with a visitor visa then change to a Work visa? Is it possible? The answer is YES. It is possible to change the visa from a tourist or visitor visa to a Work permit (Work Visa) in Canada.

First of all, the purpose of a visitor visa is to sightsee, experience the culture and its beauty. If you want to apply for a job while you are visiting Canada, technically you can do that because applying for a job is not illegal. Also, the company can interview you face-to-face so in that way, it will be beneficial for both the employer and you. 

Before you can get a work permit, the company that wants to hire you will have to file an LMIA – Labour Market Impact Assessment which means what is the impact on the labour market when they hire an overseas worker. So there is an assessment required and there is a government agency that does this assessment. Based on this, IRCC will decide whether they want to give you a work permit or not. And once you get a work permit, you will have to leave the country and then come back to Canada. 

However, keep in mind that searching for a job could take a while and not all jobs will qualify you for a work permit. There is a list on the government website to see which job will qualify you for a work permit. There are jobs that are in high demand in Canada so if your skills are suitable for the job offer then most likely you will get a Work Permit.

Another way to change a visitor visa to a work permit is through a study pathway. Visitors who are on tourist visas can change their status to study permit then work while studying. You can work up to 20 hours per week right after you start your program and depending on the programs and the school you choose, you can actually work in Canada with an open work permit (PGWP) for up to 3 years after finishing your study time, then apply for a Permanent Residency (PR).

It has higher success rates when it comes to changing visitor visa through study pathways compared to work permits. At Canada Admission Hub, the successful rate to change visa status from visitor to study permit is 99% including some hard cases like middle-aged students, gaps in education, student visa denied history, and so on. Our clients can start studying in Canada within a month of the process.

At Canada Admission Hub, we work on your case as our own case. With clear instructions, straight forward process, you will find it easy to follow and prepare the necessary paperwork for your permit.

Our successful client, Rushi Shamal, came to Canada for 6 months with a visitor visa. He wants to change his visitor visa to a study permit but met a lot of scams with expensive fees. Luckily, he came across Canada Admission Hub, and our consultant – Ms. Simran, had helped him along the process and get a study permit within a month! 

About Canada Admission Hub

Admission Hub is one of the largest International Student Immigration Firm based in Toronto & Vancouver. Currently, it operates in the following markets: Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Brazil, Mexico, Turkey, Europe, Vietnam, and India.


Our parent company CVH Immigration Ltd. Admission Hub is helping and supporting International Students around the world to Study, Work, and Immigrate to Canada. We are proud to partner with over +150 Canadian Institutions.


If you want help with your Study Visa application, the first step is to BOOK A CONSULTATION with Admission Hub’s Consultant, share your background and our consultant will reach out to provide you with as much assistance as possible.