How to work and study in Canada as a visitor
Canada is an attractive destination for many immigrants and international students alike. But if you’re not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, how do you go about studying and working in Canada? Thankfully, there are pathways to work or study in Canada as a visitor. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the different pathways available and provide some tips for navigating the process.
1. Study Permits for Visitors
If you want to pursue education in Canada, your first step will be obtaining a study permit. To obtain a study permit, you must apply online through the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) portal and submit documents such as proof of acceptance in an educational institution, financial information that proves that you have sufficient funds to pay tuition fees and living expenses during your stay in Canada, etc. Once approved, your study permit can be valid for up to five years.
2. Work Permits for Visitors
Visitors to Canada must obtain a work permit to work legally in the country. The permit’s duration depends on the planned work, lasting from four weeks up to three years. Some visitors can apply for an open work permit, but it’s only available to those who meet specific criteria. Understanding the requirements and options available can help visitors stay and work legally in Canada, and ongoing work opportunities may lead some to apply for permanent residency instead of their current visitor status.
Indian travelers to Canada can now seize work opportunities while exploring the country’s picturesque landscapes. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) has announced new exemptions that allow tourists with a Canadian Visitor visa to apply for a Work Permit – valid up to two years! So if you’re dreaming of becoming an international explorer and seizing job offers on your travels, Canada may just be the place where those dreams come true.
Tips For Navigating The Process:
Navigating the process of working or studying in Canada can be complicated so here are some tips that can help make things easier:
- Research visa requirements thoroughly – Make sure to research visa requirements thoroughly before submitting any applications. This will ensure that all documents required by IRCC are provided at the time of application submission.
- Be organized – Keep all documents related to your application organized so they can be easily accessed when needed. This includes items such as passport copies, financial statements and proof of acceptance into an educational institution.
- Use resources – Take advantage of available resources such as websites like CIC News which provide helpful information about visas and other immigration-related topics. Additionally, there may be organizations within your community or national government who provide assistance with immigration matters so don’t hesitate to reach out!
Working or studying abroad can be intimidating but with careful planning it is possible! It’s important to research visa requirements thoroughly ahead of time so applications include all necessary documents upon submission. Admission Hub experts are available to assist, making the entire process smooth and hassle-free. With our support and guidance, you can rest assured that your dreams of working or studying abroad will become a reality!
About Canada Admission Hub
Admission Hub is one of the largest International Student Immigration Firm based in Toronto & Vancouver. Currently, it operates in the following markets: Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Brazil, Mexico, Turkey, Europe, Vietnam, and India.
Our parent company CVH Immigration Ltd. Admission Hub is helping and supporting International Students around the world to Study, Work, and Immigrate to Canada. We are proud to partner with over +150 Canadian Institutions.
If you want help with your Study Visa application, the first step is to BOOK A CONSULTATION with Admission Hub’s Consultant, share your background and our consultant will reach out to provide you with as much assistance as possible.