Talk to us on WhatsApp
1. What Is The BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)?
The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is a way for the province to help skilled, and qualified people immigrate to the province. Each applicant is scored based on certain standards like education levels, age, work experience and other factors. Those who score the highest are selected for Canadian immigration. The BC PNP can also help high-in-demand foreign workers (those with skills and experience the province needs), international students, and experienced entrepreneurs, gain Canadian permanent residency.
2. How to immigrate to British Columbia through the Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)?
If you want to immigrate to British Columbia in Canada, there are four main Provincial Nominee Programs you can qualify for:
Each of these streams have different requirements you must meet, in order to apply.
Currently, all streams of BCPNP are open for application.
3. What streams does BCPNP have?
3.1. Skills Immigration
BC PNP Skills Immigration is divided into the following categories:
- Skilled Worker Category — This category is for individuals who have received an eligible job offer in a skilled occupation. Workers are expected to have several years of experience in their skilled occupation.
- Healthcare Professional Category — Under this category individuals with experience and eligible job offers, as physicians, nurses, psychiatric nurses or allied health professionals may apply. An eligible job offer must be acquired for one of 11 qualifying health occupations.
- International Graduate Category — This category is for individuals who have graduated from an eligible Canadian university or college in the last three years. A job offer must be obtained from a BC employer to be eligible under this sub-category.
- International Post-Graduate Category— This category is for graduates with Masters or Doctoral degrees from an eligible educational institution in British Columbia in the natural, applied, or health sciences programs of study. No job offer is required to apply under this sub-category.
Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker Category — Workers in certain entry-level or semi-skilled positions in tourism/hospitality, food processing, or long-haul trucking, or those in entry-level or semi-skilled positions living and working in the Northeast Development Region of British Columbia, may be eligible for immigration through this program.
3.2. Express Entry British Columbia
Express Entry BC aligns with the federal government’s Express Entry immigration selection system, allowing eligible applicants to receive priority processing of both their BC PNP application and if nominated, their permanent residence application.
The following Skills Immigration categories may be processed through Express Entry British Columbia:
- Skilled Worker Category
- Health Care Professional Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Post-Graduate Category
*Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS)
On January 27, 2016, the government of British Columbia announced a new Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS) for the BC PNP. This points-based system gives candidates a registration score that determines whether they may be invited to apply. The score is based on a number of factors — such as level of education, years of direct work experience and a B.C. employment offer — that reflect an individual’s ability to succeed in the labour market and contribute to the provincial economy.
3.3. Entrepreneur Immigration
Individuals who intend to settle and invest in British Columbia may be eligible for Canadian permanent residence under this immigration stream. This program is broken down into two categories:
- Entrepreneur Immigration Category — This category is for senior managers or business owners who intend to invest funds into a proposed business in British Columbia.
- Entrepreneur Immigration — Regional Pilot — This new pilot is for international entrepreneurs looking to establish a new business in a small community in British Columbia.
- Strategic Projects Category — Through this category, foreign-controlled companies can set up an operation in British Columbia. Up to five key foreign managerial, professional or technical staff members can be nominated for permanent residence in the province.
If you are a bachelor degree student and you have a job offer of NOC 0, A, B in BC, then you may choose either EEBC International Graduate stream or International Graduate stream. If you find a job in one of the 29 tech occupations, then you may also apply for the Tech Pilot stream.
If you have higher degrees than Bachelor degree, then you may choose either International Post-Graduate or EEBC International Post-Graduate stream. However, your program must be completed in BC, and the major should be natural, applied or health science related.
If you don’t have a job offer, or your major is not tech or science related, then you may reach out to Federal Skilled Worker, or some other ways.
If you are a health worker, and you have a job offer from a public health authority as any of the following: nurse/nurse practitioner/psychiatric nurse/physician/specialist/midwife/allied health professionals, and you have 2 years of work experience in the area, you are qualified to apply the Health Care Professional Stream. Exceptions apply to midwives however, as they must be affiliated into an established practice group in BC for at least 6 months
If you have a job offer of NOC C, D in tourism, hospitality, long-haul trucking, food processing, you have worked 9 consecutive months in BC, and you have received 12 years of formal education at least, then you may be qualified for Entry Level and Semi-Skilled stream. Long haul truckers must have 2 years of experience in the 3 years before apply, a valid BC class 1 driver’s licence and brake endorsement.
If you got a job offer of any of the following jobs of a year at least, then you might be qualified for Tech Pilot of British Colombia.
If you would like to learn more about your immigration options, we would be happy to assist you. Our immigration consultants will assist you with every step of the process.