Welcome to visahub a immigration company

College Admission & Visa Services

Mon-Fri: 11:00-19:00

1. What is Super Visa?

Super Visa is a special kind of temporary resident visa (TRV) for parents and grandparents of a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident. Parents and Grandparents can obtain a super visa allowing them to stay in Canada for up to two years per visit. Super Visa  is normally valid for 10 years or until the expiration of the passport.


2. Mandatory requirements

  1. You must be a parent/grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
  2. You must be a real visitor clearly stating your purpose of visit and alleging to leave at the end of your stay.
  3. Written proof of your child/grandchild will have to be provided.
  4. You must also provide proof of your own financial capability.
  5. You must have valid Canadian medical coverage for at least a year and at least 100.000 coverage
  6. You must take an immigration medical exam.
  7. No criminal record.
  8. Other dependent applicants cannot be included in this application.
  9. Apply for a super visa from outside Canada
  10. Be allowed to enter CanadaYou must provide proof that your child/grandchild has the financial power to sponsor your visit.
  11. A minimum income is needed it, depending on the size of the family:
    Size of Family UnitMin gross income
    1 person (your child or grandchild)$25,921
    2 persons$32,270
    3 persons$39,672
    4 persons$48,167
    5 persons$54,630
    6 persons$61,613
    7 persons$68,598
    More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add$6,985

3. How to apply for Parent & Grandparent Super visa

There are two ways to apply for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa:

  • Apply Online
  • Apply on Paper

If you apply on paper it is essential that you send in all required documents attached to your application. Other important requisites are as follow:

  1. Documents proving that you are the parent/grandparent of the person you are visiting. These documents can be anything from birth certificates to baptismal certificates.
  2. A letter of invitation from the person you are intending to visit. This should clearly state that he/she will be able to take care of you. The letter should also include important addresses and phone numbers.
  3. Documents proving that your child/grandchild meets the low income cut off LICO.
  4. Documents proving that your child/grandchild has private medical insurance.

Before you apply for a super visa, you need:

Letter of Invitation for Super Visa

  • letter of invitation from your child or grandchild who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada that includes:
    • A promise of financial support for the duration of your visit
    • The list and number of people in the household of this person
    • A copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident
  • Proof that your child or grandchild’s household meets the minimum necessary income; examples include:
  • Notice of Assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the most recent tax year
  • Employment Insurance stubs
  • Bank statements
  • Employment letter including salary and date of hire
  • Pay stubs
  • Proof of payment for medical insurance from

4. Visa Exempt Countries & Super Visa

In order to travel to Canada, individuals require a visa or an eta Electronic Travel Authorization. Some individuals only require a valid passport. Individuals holding passports of the following countries fall in the visa-exempt category and may travel to Canada without a visa:

All European Union CountriesChileUnited States of AmericaUnited Arab Emirates (from June 5, 2018)
AndorraHong KongMonacoSolomon Islands
Australia & New ZealandIcelandNorwayMexico
BahamasIsraelPapua New GuineaSouth Korea

Individuals holding passports of the countries will be issued a stay of 6 months in order to extend their stay they must apply 30 days before the expiry of their entry stamps on their passports.

In most cases, you need to give biometrics if you’re from a visa-required country. After you pay the biometrics fee and submit your application, we’ll send you a letter that says you need to give your biometrics. The letter will tell you how and where to give your biometrics. You have up to 30 days to give your biometrics (in person).

If you didn’t pay the biometrics fee, we’ll send you a letter asking you to do this first. You can only get the instruction letter if you pay the biometrics fee.

We may also ask you to:

Arrival in Canada:

As of November 21, 2020, you must use ARRIVECAN before checking in at the airport or crossing the border to submit your

  • Travel and contact information
  • Quarantine plan
  • COVID-19 symptom self-assessment

Please bring your ARRIVECAN receipt (electronic or paper) with you to show the border services officer upon arrival.

Identity check

A valid super visa and travel document doesn’t guarantee that you can enter Canada.

When arriving in Canada,  identity will be check.

  • If you enter Canada at one of 10 major Canadian airports
    • Your fingerprints will be checked automatically at a primary inspection kiosk.
    • The system will check your identity against the information collected when your application was submitted.
  • If you enter Canada at smaller airports and all land ports of entry
    • Your fingerprints may be checked if we refer you to a secondary inspection, where a border services officer will use a fingerprint verification device to check your fingerprints.

Have your documents ready

When you arrive, you’ll be greeted by an officer from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).

The officer will ask to see your passport and travel documents. You’ll also have other documents, such as a copy of your medical insurance.

A valid super visa and travel document does not guarantee that you can enter Canada.

You enter Canada

If you pass the identity check and meet the entry requirements, the border services officer may stamp your passport or let you know how long you can stay in Canada. A super visa may allow you to stay in Canada for up to 2 years.

In some cases, the officer may limit or extend your time in Canada to cover the planned purpose of your visit.

You won’t be allowed into Canada if you give false or incomplete information. You must convince the officer that:

  • You’re eligible for entry into Canada
  • You’ll leave Canada at the end of your approved stay

Want to apply for a Super Visa for your parents and/or grandparents and are still confused about the process, The Visa HUB team can help you. Our immigration experts have years of experience in dealing with such applications and can assist you to prepare error-free, super visa application for your loved ones.


Actualmente, la mayoría de los visitantes de Canadá pueden visitar hasta seis meses cuando ingresan por primera vez a Canadá. Los visitantes que deseen quedarse más tiempo deben solicitar una extensión y pagar una nueva tarifa.

Con la super visa para padres y abuelos elegibles pueden visitar a la familia en Canadá por hasta dos años sin la necesidad de renovar su estatus.

La Super Visa es una visa de múltiples entradas que proporciona múltiples entradas por un período de hasta 10 años. La diferencia clave es que la Super Visa permite que una persona permanezca hasta dos años a la vez en Canadá, mientras que una visa de entrada múltiple de 10 años solo tendría un período de estado para cada entrada de solo seis meses.

Sí, la super visa es una visa de entrada múltiple. Permite múltiples entradas por hasta 10 años.

La diferencia clave es que la súper visa permite múltiples períodos de entrada que duran hasta 2 años. Aquellos que viajen con una visa de entrada múltiple de 10 años solo pueden quedarse hasta seis meses por entrada.

También está disponible una super visa de entrada única. Esto queda a discreción de un oficial de visas.

Cuando solicite una super visa para padres y abuelos, incluya a las siguientes personas al calcular el tamaño de la familia:

  • el hijo o nieto que lo invita;
  • el cónyuge del hijo o nieto que lo invita;
  • los dependientes del hijo o nieto que lo invita;
  • cualquier dependiente que viaje con usted;
  • cualquier otra persona a quien el hijo o nieto que lo invita esté patrocinando o firmando conjuntamente; y
  • usted mismo.